10 Fitness Facts for Women
- Inch loss is weight loss. Guess what, it is easier to lose weight around your tummy than on your hips. So, work that middle, ladies!
- Fat cells in women are 5 times as large as men. Talk of the disadvantages of being a woman.
- Don’t judge your weight loss by the scale. Even if the scale shows no weight loss, as long as you’re eating right and exercising regularly, you may be converting fat into muscle, which is fantastic.
- Eating right and eating carefully is vital. Don’t just pick the fat-free box. Read the fine print. It may be high on sugar and calories. Not good.
- Women are more prone to stress than men, and stress causes all kinds of illnesses. So, remember to de-stress. Stay relaxed and stay healthy.
- Women tend to be more calcium deficient than men. Make sure you drink enough milk and eat calcium rich foods like broccoli, kidney beans and yoghurt.
- Thirty minutes of exercise a day, five times a week is all you need to keep fit and healthy. So, add some movement in your everyday routine. Park in the last row of the parking lot and walk briskly to office and back. Take the stairs, walk the dog.
- Women who suffer from heart diseases or arthritis have been found to experience improved daily function from involvement in various modes of physical activity.
- You will begin to see changes from your exercise regimen after about 12 weeks after However, changes in strength and endurance will be more visible much sooner.