Today, meeting a romantic partner through an online service is commonplace. In fact, a recent survey showed that 1 in 5 couples that have married in the last three years met each other through an online dating site. What is even more amazing is that twice as many married couples met online than in bars, at clubs, or at other social events – combined.
The reason is simple – it works.
Today, online dating has become a huge, highly developed industry. If you haven't tried it recently, you might be in for quite a surprise at how sophisticated and effective certain online dating services have now become.
And one company in particular, Match.com has grown to become the pre-eminant online dating service.
So, why are so many intelligent, successful singles meeting other great singles online today?
Firstly, online dating lets you get to know the basics about someone before deciding if you want to invest any time in them. And, studies have proven that communicating online before meeting someone face-to-face significantly reduces the stress involved in your first meeting, leading to more great first dates.
The online dating process also lets people spot potential red flags before they set up a date. It sure beats getting involved with someone and then discovering something that’s a real deal-breaker for you.
And, contrary to what some may think, research has also shown that people are generally honest about themselves online. Most people know they will have to expose themselves at some point, so they choose to be honest, rather than disingenuous, when creating their online profiles.
Industry leader Match.com, which was launched in 1995, specializes in creating romantic opportunities so that singles are more likely to find someone special. Over the years, they’ve continued to refine their tools in order to take the lottery out of love.
The Most Common Sex Mistakes That Men Make
When it comes to sex, a lot of men are left to their own devices to figure out what their partner wants, which lead to some basic errors. Men make these mistakes due to the perceptions they have about what they think their partner wants or needs based on their previous experiences. Most have only adult movies to guide them, which are absolutely not based on reality and are misleading.Guys tend to forget that these movies are just an act and that it would be foolish to model their sexual behaviour on the basis on these films.
Her is a list of few of the most common mistakes that men men make during sex:
1. Men presume that they know what a women wants in bed: Relationships are complicated and a lot of men assume that they know what their current partner wants in bed based on previous relationships that they have had(men that is). This is a major error as every women is a different individual with her own set of sensibilities when it comes to sex. Men need to understand and adjust to their partner’s needs and comfort level about sex. As what worked for their previous partner may not do so with their current one.
2. Women’s Orgasm: A lot of men feel inadequate or feel that there is something wrong with their partner if she does not achieve orgasm during sexual intercourse. This is plain foolish as a lot of women if not most need extra stimulation besides intercourse to have an orgasm. Oral sex and adult toys can help their partner reach an orgasm and there is absolutely no need to feel inadequacy if that is what it takes to satisfy their partner.
3. Sex has the same meaning or feel for both men and women: This is another very common error that men make. Sex has a very different meaning for women than it does for men. While for most men sex is more of a physical act; for women emotional reasons play an important role in the build up to and the actual act of sex. To make sure that their partner is going to enjoy sex, men need to make sure that they are emotionally connected with their partner and spend more time in foreplay and other forms of intimacy like kissing and fondling, rather than just indulging in intercourse straight away.
4. Know when their partner is turned on: A common misconception that men have is that the wetter the women is, the more turned on she is. How much natural lubrication a women has changes form individual to individual and is also dependent on which phase of menstrual cycle she is in. Don’t worry if you feel your partner is not wet enough, just use a good lubricant if you need to. This will ensure that sex is not painful or uncomfortable for both you and your partner.
5. There is no need to talk during sex: Silence is not golden in this case. you need to communicate with your partner during sex to know what is working for you both. Guiding each other during sex will ensure that both partners are satisfied and enjoy their lovemaking. There is no need to be shy and you should encourage your partner to do the same. Be receptive to her suggestions and gently persuade her to yours. Remember not to be critical or rude as nothing can ruin intimacy more than that.
The key here for men is to change their mindset and preconceived notions about sex. Doing so will certainly improve the relationship with your partner in general and your sex life in particular.
You Are Never Too Old To Fall In Love!
Getting It and Keeping It, one of my goals is to share that love is not just for the young. That belief was brought to my attention last week when I had the privilege of performing a wedding for a couple of seventy-year olds. The day was gorgeous with beautiful blue skies and puffy white clouds. The bride and groom were blissfully happy as they exchanged vows and rings.
As these two Senior Citizens looked at each other with eyes of love, I realized that you are never too old to feel romantic love. Although we may age and develop wrinkles and gray hair, inside we remain as young as when we were teenagers. Yet many people tell themselves that as grownups they should act that act their age! After all, old people look old so they should act old.
Many people think that as we get older we are incapable of feeling romantic, and that sexual feelings also atrophy. Plenty of younger folks have problems with desire and performance too. Since I have started using the amazing imagery technique I call the Phoenix Effect Process with my clients, I have helped a number of people well over sixty rediscover their sexual desire and rekindle what might have been a dying flame in their sex life.
An unsatisfying sex life is usually the result of negative beliefs about oneself and lack of information about sex and our bodies. Readily available porn on the internet and magazines that tell us that we must have hot bodies and continue to look young no matter how old we are, have even led women to have plastic surgery to revitalize an aging vagina!
Take stock of yourself and your life and pay attention to all the ways you have convinced yourself that you are unattractive, have no sexual desire, are too old or too wrinkled to have orgasms and take heart. You can re-awaken romance and desire, no matter your age. People are living older today. That means that couples can have more time to love each other.
Top 10 Muscles that Women Love
Every man wishes to be the one that all girl dreams about. Most of the guys start body building with an aim to have a body that women crave for. However, they are often unsure about what a woman likes in a man. Here are the top 10 muscles that a woman really loves in a man:
- Broad Shoulders: Every girl has a secret desire of resting her head on a man’s broad shoulders. They signify strength and masculinity in a man. In order to build broad shoulders, have protein rich diet and give regular and vigorous exercise to the shoulders.
- Heavy Biceps: A man with heavy and well built biceps perfectly fits in to this image. To flaunt heavy biceps, you need to work hard with arms bar curls and hammer curls. Building biceps requires a lot of effort, but it is defiantly worth the pain.
- Sturdy Forearm: Like biceps, forearms too, have similar effect on women. For building a strong forearm, hold weights in your palms in such a way that the palms are in the downward direction. Allow your forearms to rest on your knees. Then, lower the weight so that you get full stretch and extend your wrists to get full contraction alternatively.
- Man Pecs: In order to have a well built chest, all you need to do is perform light bench presses, flat bench presses or incline bench presses.
- Well Built Upper Back: Your upper back has tremendous potential that can be explored to get good results. In order to get a perfect V-shaped torso, you need to carry out chin-ups and push-ups.
- Perfect Abs: Women like a well shaped and well chisseled abs. It sets an example of healthy diet and disciplined lifestyle. It does not necessarily mean that you need to have six pack abs; a well toned abs also look equally attractive from the eyes of a woman.
- Well Shaped Butts: You really need to keep your butts in good shape if you wish to impress women through your looks and physique. The entire focus of the lower body rests on your butts. In order to have a firm and toned butts, you can practice butt isolation exercises.
- Money line Muscle: Some women seem to have an obsession with money line muscle that goes diagonally from hips to crotch. It gives more precision to a man’s body.
- Strong Legs: A man with a well built upper body but poor legs presents a disproportionate picture. Therefore, it is very necessary not to neglect your legs. To give a toned look to your legs, stand close to a surface of height equal to your waist. Use your hands for support and squat down in such a way that your shins are parallel to the floor while you balance on the balls of your feet. Thereafter, return to the standing position and make sure to keep your body in a straight line while going down.
- Tough Hamstrings: Muscular hamstrings are admired by all women. You can build perfect hamstring muscles by regular practice of seated leg curls.
Why Women Like to Cuddle after Sex
Cuddling after sex is women’s way of securing a lasting bond between with her partner. Experts suggest that women need intimacy after sex as they are looking to assurance that they are been actually loved. It is not every woman that likes to cuddle after sex. Some of them even prefer to be left alone or fed after sex, but number of women who like post-coital cuddle top the list.
Susan Hughes a psychologist at Albright College in Pennsylvania conducted a study on after sex behavior. The sample included 170 people who were given online questionnaire. In this study Hughes find out that irrespective of the kind of relation i.e. either long-term or short term relation women like to engage in bonding behaviour after act of mating.
Since women have shared themselves with their love, they become more emotional after sex and realise their feeling of deep love. After sex women mostly prefer cuddling, intimate talking and discussion about relationship.
According to the study by Hughes, "Everything that has to do with intimacy, they were more likely to want." On the contrary, men prefer extrinsic rewards after sexual intercourse. In men’s list of what to do after sex taking nap was followed by munching on snacks. Besides this men are likely to engage in behaviour that will increase likely-hood of repeating the act. Moreover, they prefer eating, drinking and asking for favours from their partner.
Study also show that men prefer to kiss before sex while the women are more likely to initiate kissing after sex. Experts suggest that post-coital preferences mainly vary across the gender due to divergent adaptive reproductive strategies.
One common factor that holds equal importance for both the men and the women is expressing their love in words. In study conducted by Hughes, both men and women said that after sex it was important to say ‘I love you’ to their long-term partner.
Tips on Hygiene Sex
Cleanliness and measures of hygiene are something we are all taught about but only a few are aware of sex hygiene. Certain hygienic steps should be taken by all to prevent any infections as well as to prevent any situation of embarrassment when you are about to indulge in a romp on the bed. Sex hygiene is as important as overall health and the following instructions can work for your benefit.
Tips on Sex Hygiene
- Men need to clean their penis by starting at the head of the penis. If you are uncircumcised, you need to pull back your foreskin as far as it is possible without causing any discomfort. The pulled foreskin will expose both the glans which needs to be gently cleaned with lukewarm water. Ensure cleanliness of the glans and the inner side of the foreskin as a white substance called smegma gets formed here. Smegma consists of dead skin cells, oils, body fluids and bacteria. The presence of this substance can cause infections and foul smell. Circumcised men too need to maintain hygiene as the absence of foreskin can cause the penis head to come in direct contact with sweat and bacteria. Clean your genitals both before and after the sexual act to prevent infections.
- A woman needs to clean her outer genital areas and anus if engaging in anal sex. Cleaning of genitals need to be done to prevent yeast infections as well as bad odour. Wash your genitals both before and after sex to prevent any infections. Do not go overboard with washing by vigorous flushing of vagina or douching with scented liquids as it affects the pH balance of the vagina and can make you prone to infections. Pat dry the privates and not by rubbing with a towel.
- Both men and women should ensure removal of pubic hair which can be done by shaving or by a pair of scissors. Not only it is ghastly to have a bush down there but it is also an invitation to various problems. Since privates are not exposed to fresh air it becomes literally a boiling pot of all infections as heat and sweat makes a perfect breeding area for bacteria. Trimmed pubic hair not only gives a clean appearance but reduces itching and bad odour. Those getting a bikini wax done should be careful of the hygiene standards of the salon.
- Choosing to remain in your sweaty clothes and underwear after a workout is definitely unhealthy. Even if your sweat drenched clothes have dried, they still pose risk for you as bacteria and yeast flourish in sweat and a urinary tract infection or yeast infection is not far. Sweat and dust can block your skin pores around your private area and cause folliculitus, which are inflamed and infected hair follicles.
- For women, they should change their tampons and sanitary pads after every three to six hours depending on the menstrual flow. Keeping them for a long time may let bacteria thrive causing bad odor and infections.
- Never hold on to the urge of going to the washroom to urinate, especially before practicing sex. Urinating makes your bladder get rid of bacteria and toxins that thrive in the urinary tract. Delaying urination speeds up breeding of bacteria which leads to infections. A bladder full of urine makes your urethra prone to infection from your vagina or your partner’s penis.
- Do not indulge in oral sex if either of the partner has sores inside the mouth or near the genitals as it can lead to infections.
- Do not wear tight underwear or tight fitting jeans for a long time as they trap sweat and attract breeding of bacteria. Prefer natural fabrics such as cotton instead of synthetics for your innerwear.
Men's Vitamins and Supplements for Sexual Health
Men always long for the vitality of their teenage years and think that popping vitamin supplement pills can help them in that. Recent studies suggest otherwise. According to Howard Sesso, ScD, MPH, associate professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School, individual supplements of vitamin C and Vitamin E do not bring down the risk of prostate cancer. It indicates that there is no connection between taking of popular vitamin pills such as those of vitamin E and C for better sexual health and actually noticeable good health. This would also suggest that herbal vitamins are most suitable as sexual health supplements for men.
Herbal Vitamin Supplements for Men’s Sexual Health
There are some herbs which are effective in dealing with certain specific sexual health problema of men such as low libido, prostate problems and impotency. They are –
- Muira Puama – It is a small tree found in Brazilian rain forests known for its ability to enhance libido in men. This male sexual health supplement has a very beneficial effect on the nervous system in males and acts as its tonic. It is known mostly for its qualities as an aphrodisiac but there are other benefits too such as prevention of erectile dysfunction, stopping hair loss and it even has anti-depressant properties.
- Ginseng – This herb is a very good stimulant of the immune system and is known for its properties of curing male impotence and improving male fertility. Ginseng not only increases sexual desire in men (and women too), but also increases the sperm count and mobility, and raises the level of testosterone in males.
- Saw Palmetto – It helps in preventing the disorder of enlarged prostate. It blocks the production of those hormones that cause an enlarged prostate. Saw Palmetto is a palm tree found on the Atlantic seaboard and is considered one of the inexpensive treatments for this disorder which affects men’s sexual health after the age of 50.
- Rod Clover – Another herbal vitamin for prostate problems. Harmful hormone growth leading to prostate problems is controlled by this herb and its anti-oxidant effects reduce the risk of prostate cancer too. It has a good amount of isoflavones which regulate hormonal fluctuations affecting men’s sexual health and even psoriasis.
It would always be advisable to go herbal when looking for men’s sexual health supplements. This is not only because of the obvious reason that herbal remedies have lesser side-effects but also because the latter have been found to be more effective of late.
5 Secrets of a Healthy Dating Relationship
How should couples keep their relationship alive after dating for a long time? Separation can loom with your cherished dating mate anytime if you take it for granted. No relationship works out well without the couples working on it. If you want your dating relationship to survive and lead to something much more meaningful, use some tips given below.
Best Kept Secrets for a Healthy Dating Relationship
- Trustworthiness – Your partner should feel that you are trustworthy. This involves honest and straightforward communication. Lying to your partner and being caught later is the worst thing that can happen for the stability of your relationship. Confiding to your partner and being truthful will instil respect for you. On the other hand, once your lie is found out, the lost respect and trust may never be rebuilt.
- Refuse the date if you do not feel well – You should be ready to say no to your date if you do not feel like it. If work or any other chore has taken a toll on your body and mind, it is much better to refuse. Otherwise, you will ruin your partner’s whole day. Your date may insist on it but be firm when you know it would not go down well. Promise to make the next date a memorable one.
- Making outing plans together – When you plan to go for movies, attend birthday parties or vacations, make sure that it fits into the schedule of both of you. Do not have a plan about which your partner does not know anything. Respect each other’s time when planning on any of these outings. The decision for such activities should be made after discussion with your partner and not all by yourself.
- Your expectations may not be met – First of all, it is of essence that you do not have unreasonable expectations from your partner. But most importantly, do not expect your partner to fulfil these every time, especially if you have not communicated them. Many times, it is the mistake of hiding expectations that brings about a rift in a relationship.
- Be considerate of your partner’s career – Learn to support the aspirations and career goals of your partner. You must respect what your partner does for a living and avoid the feeling of competition. Respecting each other’s career would bring about harmony in your relationship and it would be one of the foundation pillars of a meaningful long-lasting bond.
Lose weight by surfing the web
Technology has made life simpler for not just a handful of people but everyone. With a click of a mouse you can do innumerable things. There is inexhaustible information made available to people on the internet. Apart from being a revolution in technology, computers have been able to revolutionise the health of people too.
Praneta, a school student who has just hit her teens says, “I’m glued to the internet to find out how much calories or proteins or carbohydrates ration is good for my age. I lost 2 kgs in a month by restricting myself to a diet which was prescribed for people with my body weight and height on a health portal. It was great because I could also calculate the amount of calories I was consuming every day.”
On raising doubts about the authenticity and credibility about such portals, Praneta quickly adds, “These forums are usually interactive and various dieticians and nutritionists come forth and advice many who are a part of the forum. This automatically eliminates any fear of believing someone unknown located in some other part of the world.”
Like Praneta, there are plenty of people who invest faith in weight management websites. But is it safe to do so? Let’s find out –
There is no second guess to affirm the fact that weight loss programs do reveal many secrets and tips and techniques through which people can lose weight. But as far as the safety, reliability, scientific information and effectiveness of the same is concerned, beliefs and results are bound to vary from person to person.
According to a research study, the internet is fast becoming a place where people spend hours all together to keep weight off them.
The study was done on 1,600 obese participants. 350 out of the total number lost an average 8 kgs during initial six months they surfed a weight management website. In fact, those who logged in at the website – once a month for a period of two-and-a half-year – more frequently than others kept off most weight. The participants actively used the interactive website tool to get feedbacks from dieticians and nutritionists, joined online chatrooms, submitted food diaries and tracked their progress.
Quite interestingly, the nomenclature of the weight management websites is such that it virtually becomes a platform for personal counselling and group meetings.
Kabir, a graphic designer working in an MNC, who lost 10 kgs by keeping a track on his food habits and exercise regime with the help of health centred portals, says “Such weight management websites are a great forum because one can speak the heart out. No one bothers how fat or skinny you are. I started feeling better about myself. It was like a psychological boost.”
Clinical Psychologist at VIMHANS, Dr Pulkit Sharma adds, “Surfing the web to lose weight has two sides to it. On a positive side it gives a platform to people where they can share experiences and stories and find social support. Interaction, guidance and motivation help them to come to terms with their individuality and gives them a sense of being. On the flip side they might feel distressed because they would be aiming to reach a certain and ideal body type. So, this creates a paradoxical situation.”
So, if you’re looking for a website which can help you keep a track of your weight; make sure you keep the following in mind –
- Avoid programs that promise unrealistic weight loss
- Research in advance, if you’re paying to become a part of a program.
- Make sure you're rigorously following the diet and exercise regimen.
Looking at successful people makes you want to be thinner
According to an article published in the journal Evolution and Human Behavior, it is not size zero models that make women want to be thinner; it is images of successful people irrespective of their size. So, even if that brilliant advertisement for that great car in which a super skinny model hogs on high calorie foodstuffs because “curves are back” made you feel glad, it won’t affect your wanting to get more attractive.
“Heterosexual women were unhappy with the way their bodies looked”
This study, conducted by Norman Li – a psychologist of Singapore Management University – and his colleagues, showed portraits accompanied by character descriptions to 841 volunteers in Austin, Texas (USA) and found that heterosexual women were unhappy with the way their bodies looked and were more likely to change their eating habits after seeing pictures of successful women. Surprisingly, heterosexual men did not give the same response. Even more surprisingly, lesbian women did not give the same response, but gay men behaved exactly like straight women. In the researcher’s words, “These findings support the idea that the ultimate explanation for eating disorders is related to intrasexual competition.”
This behaviour has an evolutionary origin
An ANI (Asian News Network) article quoted Li as having said that this behaviour has an evolutionary origin and suggested that since people in the west tend to gain weight as they get older, they have come to equate thinness with youth and attractiveness, and competitive advantages in general. Thus when we see ultra thin celebrities in the media, our competitive instincts go into overdrive.
BDD (body dysmorphic disorder), anorexia and bulimia
“What we see in the media plays a large role in how we view ourselves, It makes us feel ugly and be thinner, leading to problems like BDD (body dysmorphic disorder), anorexia and bulimia.”
Tips to Lose Weight in a Week
If you want to lose weight in a week than, think again. It is not advisable to fix such a small period of time for bringing about such changes in your body. You can consider the case of Glenn Mcgrath, the Aussie cricket player lost 7 kgs. over 5 days of a test match in Chennai. This is the case of a sportsperson enduring the physical strains demanded by his profession and not someone looking for a quick fix solution. Still, for starters it is good that you have found motivation for weight loss. Some comprehensive tips to lose weight in a week which develop an inclination to continue with the new lifestyle are ideal for you.
Tips to Lose Weight in a Week
- Burn more calories than you consume – You need to keep a calorie count of burned and consumed calories. Aim for burning 500 calories in a week which will help you burn a pound in one week. It is not healthy to aim for higher as it can leave you too strained to continue the next day.
- No Sodas – It can be easy to consider the sodas as ok as it is a drink. Nothing can be far from the truth. Sodas contain 150 calories in each can. As you are looking to burn more calories than consume, avoid them.
- Have Healthy Snacks – If you are in the habit of regular snacking throughout the day than it is very difficult to lose weight in a week but by choosing a healthy alternatives for wafers, cookies or buns can help your cause. Ideally, cut vegetables to snack-size portions and carry them to work.
- Control Cravings for Sweets – If you are used to having sweets and feel the craving for it, do not relent. Instead of cookies, candy or any other high calorie stuff, have a chewing gum. You will be able to satisfy your craving without the excess of empty calories found in sweets.
- Exercise Plan – Stick to those low impact calorie burning activities that suit your body. Never make the mistake of hoping for weight loss in 7 days with strenuous weight lifting for hours. You can do that after at least one month of preparation with mild exercises. These can also include simple changes in everyday behaviour. Park away from the door to walk more, take the stairs instead of elevator, take interest in walking or even taking a stroll in the garden. The purpose is to burn calories.