Today, meeting a romantic partner through an online service is commonplace. In fact, a recent survey showed that 1 in 5 couples that have married in the last three years met each other through an online dating site. What is even more amazing is that twice as many married couples met online than in bars, at clubs, or at other social events – combined.
The reason is simple – it works.
Today, online dating has become a huge, highly developed industry. If you haven't tried it recently, you might be in for quite a surprise at how sophisticated and effective certain online dating services have now become.
And one company in particular, Match.com has grown to become the pre-eminant online dating service.
So, why are so many intelligent, successful singles meeting other great singles online today?
Firstly, online dating lets you get to know the basics about someone before deciding if you want to invest any time in them. And, studies have proven that communicating online before meeting someone face-to-face significantly reduces the stress involved in your first meeting, leading to more great first dates.
The online dating process also lets people spot potential red flags before they set up a date. It sure beats getting involved with someone and then discovering something that’s a real deal-breaker for you.
And, contrary to what some may think, research has also shown that people are generally honest about themselves online. Most people know they will have to expose themselves at some point, so they choose to be honest, rather than disingenuous, when creating their online profiles.
Industry leader Match.com, which was launched in 1995, specializes in creating romantic opportunities so that singles are more likely to find someone special. Over the years, they’ve continued to refine their tools in order to take the lottery out of love.
The Most Common Sex Mistakes That Men Make
When it comes to sex, a lot of men are left to their own devices to figure out what their partner wants, which lead to some basic errors. Men make these mistakes due to the perceptions they have about what they think their partner wants or needs based on their previous experiences. Most have only adult movies to guide them, which are absolutely not based on reality and are misleading.Guys tend to forget that these movies are just an act and that it would be foolish to model their sexual behaviour on the basis on these films.
Her is a list of few of the most common mistakes that men men make during sex:
1. Men presume that they know what a women wants in bed: Relationships are complicated and a lot of men assume that they know what their current partner wants in bed based on previous relationships that they have had(men that is). This is a major error as every women is a different individual with her own set of sensibilities when it comes to sex. Men need to understand and adjust to their partner’s needs and comfort level about sex. As what worked for their previous partner may not do so with their current one.
2. Women’s Orgasm: A lot of men feel inadequate or feel that there is something wrong with their partner if she does not achieve orgasm during sexual intercourse. This is plain foolish as a lot of women if not most need extra stimulation besides intercourse to have an orgasm. Oral sex and adult toys can help their partner reach an orgasm and there is absolutely no need to feel inadequacy if that is what it takes to satisfy their partner.
3. Sex has the same meaning or feel for both men and women: This is another very common error that men make. Sex has a very different meaning for women than it does for men. While for most men sex is more of a physical act; for women emotional reasons play an important role in the build up to and the actual act of sex. To make sure that their partner is going to enjoy sex, men need to make sure that they are emotionally connected with their partner and spend more time in foreplay and other forms of intimacy like kissing and fondling, rather than just indulging in intercourse straight away.
4. Know when their partner is turned on: A common misconception that men have is that the wetter the women is, the more turned on she is. How much natural lubrication a women has changes form individual to individual and is also dependent on which phase of menstrual cycle she is in. Don’t worry if you feel your partner is not wet enough, just use a good lubricant if you need to. This will ensure that sex is not painful or uncomfortable for both you and your partner.
5. There is no need to talk during sex: Silence is not golden in this case. you need to communicate with your partner during sex to know what is working for you both. Guiding each other during sex will ensure that both partners are satisfied and enjoy their lovemaking. There is no need to be shy and you should encourage your partner to do the same. Be receptive to her suggestions and gently persuade her to yours. Remember not to be critical or rude as nothing can ruin intimacy more than that.
The key here for men is to change their mindset and preconceived notions about sex. Doing so will certainly improve the relationship with your partner in general and your sex life in particular.
Flat Belly Diet Plan : What It Is...
The Flat Belly Diet sounds like a wish come true. Who would not love to have a flat belly without the strenuous work outs and just by eating certain foods?
The Flat Belly Diet initiated by Liz Vaccariello and Cynthia Sass assures you of a flat belly and weight loss of up to 15 pounds in 32 days. According to the book and the authors a flat belly is just about food & attitude. The diet is targeted at people who want to notch off a few inches or more off their waistline.
This diet plan stresses on eating wholesome, unrefined foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, seeds, lean protein, and very little red meat (once a month). The authors assert that monounsaturated fat, or MUFA, at every meal of Flat Belly Diet is the ingredient that leads to loss of belly fat. Olives, avocados, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate, soybean, flax, and olive and sunflower oils are rich in MUFA. Besides this the MUFA help to control satiety as well.
Before you start the diet you are put on a 1,200- to 1400-calorie, four-day anti-bloat jump-start period. This period aims to reduce bloating and get you adjusted to a healthier eating plan. In this jump-start you will be advised to drink 2 liters of daily "sassy water." This drink contains a blend of spices, herbs, citrus, and cucumber. According to the authors of flat belly diet the flavored water reduces bloating, constipation, and makes you feel better and active.
You may do exercise of you want but the book has an entire chapter is devoted to the flat belly workout.
The Flat Belly Diet: What You Can Eat
During the diet you will eat four, 400-calorie meals spaced every four hours. Each meal contains foods rich in MUFA. As there is a food list and the portion size--you do not have to worry about calories. You have to choose from a list of 28 interchangeable mix-and-match breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snack packs. The recipes included in the diet are analyzed for calories, and nutrient contents (protein, carbohydrates, total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium and fiber).
The Flat Belly Diet: How It Works
According to the Flat Belly Diet daily calorie intake of 1,600 calories with MUFA at every meal, regular schedule of eating (every four hours), and regular exercise (although this is not compulsory) will eventually cause weight loss and belly fat.
According to experts loss of belly fat on the Flat Belly Diet, is not because of the MUFAs but due to overall weight loss. When you lose weight you will lose it in your midsection as well regardless of your diet plan. This kind of diet plan is good for people with irregular eating habits like people who skip meals or don't eat breakfast.
The Flat Belly Diet: What the Experts Say
According to experts losing belly fat is important—extra fat on the belly increases your risk of cardiovascular. Not only belly fat but any kind of excess fat increases your risk of chronic diseases. Experts do not consider that MUFA leads to loss of belly fat. According to them loss of belly fat on the Flat Belly Diet occurs due to overall weight loss.
Several advices in the book is questioned by experts like--- jump-start plan associated with stress, gum chewing, bulky raw foods or MUFA leading to loss of belly fat. There is no scientific research behind a lot of advice in the book on Flat Belly Diet. However inclusion of healthy foods in the diet is practical.
Many of the foods included in the diet plan are high in calorie so you have to watch out for your portion size. It is easy to over eat and get excess calories than required. Experts consider that the initial weight loss (15 pounds in 32 days....)
You Are Never Too Old To Fall In Love!
Getting It and Keeping It, one of my goals is to share that love is not just for the young. That belief was brought to my attention last week when I had the privilege of performing a wedding for a couple of seventy-year olds. The day was gorgeous with beautiful blue skies and puffy white clouds. The bride and groom were blissfully happy as they exchanged vows and rings.
As these two Senior Citizens looked at each other with eyes of love, I realized that you are never too old to feel romantic love. Although we may age and develop wrinkles and gray hair, inside we remain as young as when we were teenagers. Yet many people tell themselves that as grownups they should act that act their age! After all, old people look old so they should act old.
Many people think that as we get older we are incapable of feeling romantic, and that sexual feelings also atrophy. Plenty of younger folks have problems with desire and performance too. Since I have started using the amazing imagery technique I call the Phoenix Effect Process with my clients, I have helped a number of people well over sixty rediscover their sexual desire and rekindle what might have been a dying flame in their sex life.
An unsatisfying sex life is usually the result of negative beliefs about oneself and lack of information about sex and our bodies. Readily available porn on the internet and magazines that tell us that we must have hot bodies and continue to look young no matter how old we are, have even led women to have plastic surgery to revitalize an aging vagina!
Take stock of yourself and your life and pay attention to all the ways you have convinced yourself that you are unattractive, have no sexual desire, are too old or too wrinkled to have orgasms and take heart. You can re-awaken romance and desire, no matter your age. People are living older today. That means that couples can have more time to love each other.
How Important is Sex in a Marriage?
A survey conducted in Britain has pointed out that married people have sex on an average of 98 times in a year. On the other hand, an unmarried person has sex about 127 times a year. The statistics indicate a major change that comes about in our lives post marriage. Although not the all important reason for a marriage to stay alive, sex does play an important role in keeping the spark of love and intimacy alive in a marriage.
Sex is an indicator of intimacy
Sure there are other ways of showing you love each other, but if sex ranks really low in your list of priorities in the marriage, then there might be some problem. It may be due to personal reasons such as low self confidence or it might be because you probably don’t desire each other as much. Both are problem areas and need to be looked at. Sex is important in a marriage because it is an indicator of the level of physical intimacy in your relationship.
Sex bonds people together
The intimate moments that you share with your spouse will work best by bringing the two of you closer. Sex is important in a marriage because it brings two people closer and also instils the faith in them that they are desired and wanted by their partner.
Sex helps in problem solving
Sexual intimacy helps couples solve their problems. Passion and emotions will help a couple look beyond their disagreeing points and help them bury the hatchet. Sex helps a relationship by rekindling the lost romance and bringing two people closer than ever. Sex in a marriage is a sign that two people completely trust each other and are therefore, so close to each other.
Sex is an indicator of desire
No one wants to be in a marriage that lacks passion and desire. Therefore, consensual and invigorating sex in a marriage is an indicator that the two partners still desire and want each other.
Sex keeps the spark alive
A dwindling sex life within a marriage may trigger one or both the partner’s for looking at liaisons outside the bounds of marriage. This is not healthy for the relationship as matters such as infidelity may permanently scar the relationship.
Sex is important for individuals
A healthy sex life will make a person feel wanted and will boost her/his confidence. And a confident person will automatically be successful and will also work towards making the marriage work. On the other hand, if a person is not desired by her/his partner within the bounds of marriage it will hurt her/his self esteem. Problems will arise and they will eventually take a toll on the marriage.
Tips on Hygiene Sex
Cleanliness and measures of hygiene are something we are all taught about but only a few are aware of sex hygiene. Certain hygienic steps should be taken by all to prevent any infections as well as to prevent any situation of embarrassment when you are about to indulge in a romp on the bed. Sex hygiene is as important as overall health and the following instructions can work for your benefit.
Tips on Sex Hygiene
- Men need to clean their penis by starting at the head of the penis. If you are uncircumcised, you need to pull back your foreskin as far as it is possible without causing any discomfort. The pulled foreskin will expose both the glans which needs to be gently cleaned with lukewarm water. Ensure cleanliness of the glans and the inner side of the foreskin as a white substance called smegma gets formed here. Smegma consists of dead skin cells, oils, body fluids and bacteria. The presence of this substance can cause infections and foul smell. Circumcised men too need to maintain hygiene as the absence of foreskin can cause the penis head to come in direct contact with sweat and bacteria. Clean your genitals both before and after the sexual act to prevent infections.
- A woman needs to clean her outer genital areas and anus if engaging in anal sex. Cleaning of genitals need to be done to prevent yeast infections as well as bad odour. Wash your genitals both before and after sex to prevent any infections. Do not go overboard with washing by vigorous flushing of vagina or douching with scented liquids as it affects the pH balance of the vagina and can make you prone to infections. Pat dry the privates and not by rubbing with a towel.
- Both men and women should ensure removal of pubic hair which can be done by shaving or by a pair of scissors. Not only it is ghastly to have a bush down there but it is also an invitation to various problems. Since privates are not exposed to fresh air it becomes literally a boiling pot of all infections as heat and sweat makes a perfect breeding area for bacteria. Trimmed pubic hair not only gives a clean appearance but reduces itching and bad odour. Those getting a bikini wax done should be careful of the hygiene standards of the salon.
- Choosing to remain in your sweaty clothes and underwear after a workout is definitely unhealthy. Even if your sweat drenched clothes have dried, they still pose risk for you as bacteria and yeast flourish in sweat and a urinary tract infection or yeast infection is not far. Sweat and dust can block your skin pores around your private area and cause folliculitus, which are inflamed and infected hair follicles.
- For women, they should change their tampons and sanitary pads after every three to six hours depending on the menstrual flow. Keeping them for a long time may let bacteria thrive causing bad odor and infections.
- Never hold on to the urge of going to the washroom to urinate, especially before practicing sex. Urinating makes your bladder get rid of bacteria and toxins that thrive in the urinary tract. Delaying urination speeds up breeding of bacteria which leads to infections. A bladder full of urine makes your urethra prone to infection from your vagina or your partner’s penis.
- Do not indulge in oral sex if either of the partner has sores inside the mouth or near the genitals as it can lead to infections.
- Do not wear tight underwear or tight fitting jeans for a long time as they trap sweat and attract breeding of bacteria. Prefer natural fabrics such as cotton instead of synthetics for your innerwear.
Women’s Supplements for Sexual Health
Ginkgo Biloba Extract
By definition sexual health refers to sexual function, reproduction, desire, ability and enjoyment and their relevance to and effect on one’s overall life. A woman’s sexual health is an integral part of her life. Healthy sexual relationships will promote feelings and experiences which will help a woman in developing and maintaining social and interactive skills. It will also contribute towards a healthy heart and circulation. Dietary supplements specially formulated for women will help her to overcome specific health needs of a woman and at the same time help to improve her general health.
There are many factors which can affect a woman’s sexual health, and they could be physical, psychological or emotional. If health conditions affect any of these areas of a woman’s life, it is bound to impact her sexual health, which in turn could create problems in relationships and she might end up with a serious blow to her self-image.
A huge amount of research in the area of women’s sexual health has resulted in recognising many natural ingredients for their benefits in a woman’s sexual health and related problems. However, it has to be remembered that the body needs more than a few individual ingredients. For optimum benefit, a wide synergistic range of nutrients, which targets the health of all the major organs (including the sexual organs) and systems of the body is necessary. Some of the important ingredients which can be found in women’s sexual health supplements are:
This raises progesterone levels and is an excellent tonic for the heart and circulatory system. It can help dilate arteries, thereby enhancing sexual sensitivity, increased stamina and improved satisfaction.
Chaste Tree Berry
It balances oestrogen levels and helps in overcoming menopause and PMS symptoms such as headaches, cramps, bloating and breast tenderness.
Damiana and Sarsaparilla
They are excellent for increasing sexual desire and energy. Also good for the nervous system. Sarsaparilla contains ‘building block’ chemicals, which stimulates the synthesis of sex hormones.
This helps to combat premenstrual syndrome, cramps and weakness during periods, irregularity, retarded flow and some symptoms of menopause. It also increases oxygen supply to the capillaries, thereby acting as a blood purifier.
Has active ingredients such as isoflavones and aromatic acids which are known to help alleviate menopausal and post- menopausal symptoms.
Wild Yam Extract
This is often used as a natural alternative for oestrogen replacement therapy. Also known to help in vaginal dryness, which is common after menopause, pre – menstrual syndrome and osteoporosis.
Ginkgo Biloba Extract
Improves blood circulation, which has a positive effect on a woman’s sexual function and desire.
5 things women never tell men
It is a fact universally acknowledged that most of the time, men have no clue what women want. And there are many men (peace be upon their names!) who actually want to find out what it is that makes their women tick.
So men, read on, because we’ve just made the job slightly easier for you. And women, we know you’re secretly smiling because haven’t you always wished he knew this or that without your having to tell him?
Tell us the truth now guys, you’ve suspected this all along, haven’t you? So yes. We hate to be the ones to break it to you, but our girlfriends know more about us than we care to admit to you. Err, and oh, about you too.
Women talk. That’s how they bond. They discuss, obsess, and discuss some more. And believe us when we tell you this, it’s good for you. If we didn’t talk to our girlfriends about it, we’d be talking to you, and do you really want to be at the other end of a discuss-obsess-discuss marathon? Yes. We know the answer is no. Go watch that match you have to, dear. Her friends need the room.
We are petrified of turning into our mothers
Don’t get this wrong. And don’t use it as an excuse next time you have to go have dinner with your girl’s mother. We love our mothers. Moms always know best, they make the most delicious food, always know how to make us feel better, are wonderful with the kids, and they are the most wonderful people on earth, but we just don’t want to become them. So, that means one of the worst things you can ever say to one of us is “you’re becoming just like your mother”. Dude, refrain.
We let you fix things
Sorry to break it to you, pal. Women know how to fix things. From screwdrivers to drills, we know how to use all the stuff that you have in your prized Tool Box. Most single women have had to grapple with these things and have, more often than not, come out tops, but we let you fix stuff. This can be for several reasons, like we don’t want to get our nail paint chipped, or we like to be ‘taken care of’, or we like to let you think you’re macho. And don’t you start complaining. It’s not like you don’t want to!
Our ex-boyfriends were hot
Of course they were, silly. Why else do you think we went out with them? But that does not mean that we love you less. You’re the one, okay? But the airs you like to put on are not so well deserved. And the last time we said, “You’re better than all of them put together,” of course we meant it, but we may have stretched the truth just a tiny little bit.
We are scared stiff of commitments
Just because a girl has dreamt of dream wedding since she was five, does not mean that she’s ready to marry the first guy that comes along. Commitment terrifies us too. We also worry. And we lose as much independence as you guys. Gone will be the days of late night partying and getting drunk with friends on rooftops. Your mom might not like that very much. We are very wary of getting into serious commitment as well. When asked about the issue of commitment to Fortis’s HOD Psychiatrist Dr Samir Malhotra, he assured that commitments are important for both. “With today’s day and age, commitment is something which one should nurture,” he insightfully stated.
So, if you’re in a relationship with one of us, thank your lucky stars!
So, if you’re in a relationship with one of us, thank your lucky stars!
Post Sex: Ways to keep it Hot
Does sex tire you out? Does your partner complain about you going to sleep as soon as love making is over? You can do a lot more still! Most of the times, there is always a possibility of having some fun with your partner even though sex drains you out a lot.
How to Enjoy Yourself after Sex
- A hot bath – Hot bubble bath immediately after having sex can be the best way to prevent the expected laziness from engulfing both of you. Having a hot bath together would, on the other hand, be revitalising for your senses and can bring back the intimacy and desire.
- Get or give a massage – Not only is a massage after sex energising, but it can well turn out to be arousing. Giving or getting a massage after sex would fan sensuality between the two of you. A back rub or massage on the foot may well swing your mood and libido towards sex once more.
- Talk about how great it was – Give each other the pleasure of relating how great it felt like. This is the best way to turn each other on; especially men can do with some seductive suggestions at this stage. Women need to make sure that they are seductive and not mushy. Talk about things you plan to do together later but bring on your seductive and flirting skills at this stage to get the most out of them.
- The wondrous kiss - Kissing can work even after sex to arouse you. There is always a possibility of making things hot when you lay down with the classic seduction of a kiss. Kissing will almost invariably lead to some more love making.
- Musical Sex – Men are much more inclined to doze off after the act. Most ladies get used to it but if you are not one of them, turn on sexy music right away to keep the right mood intact. Compliment him on his sex skills and cuddle up to him. The ego boost from lady love and the sexy track playing can work wonders to spice up things between you two again, apart from preventing him from sleeping.
The tips given here can work to have an arousal the second time round or just hot up things between you and your partner. Not only foreplay, but even playing after sex can make it memorable.
What Makes a Woman Fall in Love?
Most men ends up frustrated while trying to win a woman. But making a woman fall in love with you is easier than you ever imagined. Most of the women look for emotional bonding which they explain as connection between the two.
The very first thing that makes a women fall in love is a sense of attraction. The attraction is not always physical in nature but include the other aspects such as personality, sense of humour and intelligence of the person. In absence of attraction your chances of being one also goes down, that is when she will start looking for the other ‘right man’.
Compliment don’t only mean praise but there is more to it. By complimenting you are giving a silent message that she is being notice and you are interested in her. Remember that compliments are effective when they are sincere and well timed. Even though women love to get compliments but make sure that you don’t overdo it.
Try to know her and give deeper compliments, for instance appreciate her thoughtfulness and generosity. Tell her how witty you find her, how her gentle nature and intelligence amuse you.
Mostly all women consider trust to be important component in love. So bring the element of trust in to your relation and make her fall in love with you. Support and respect her when she is opening up emotionally and in turn talk to her about your feelings.
Most of women need to feel secure before entering into a relationship and ones they sense the security and commitment in relation, they are all yours.
Mature man can easily make a women fall in love. Women are mostly seen attracted to guys who are responsible and deal with the situations with ‘maturity’. For instance, men who can think rationally even in unfavourable situations. Women mostly complaint about how immature the guys behave. Remember with your maturity can help your relationship by bringing her closer to you.
Emotional bond is an essential ingredient for making a women fall in love. Try to get her at the deep emotional level. Make her realise that you are emotionally bonded to her and looking forward for the same.
How to improve sexual health
Sexual health implies to physical well-being and state of mind of an individual. If there is problem in either of these conditions, it will influence your sexual health. Try to incorporate these simple things in your daily schedule for improving your sexual health:
Exercise and Sexual Health
Exercise maintains metabolism as well as hormonal balance of the body, with some easy exercises one can enhance orgasmic experience. Experts suggest that lack of potency and physical inactivity is related to each other. Brisk walk, dance, cycling and cardio workouts help in increasing workflow to the genital organs. Exercise increases potency and helps to make your sexual life a pleasurable experience.
Eat healthy for better sexual health
Your diet plays a vital role in improving your sexual health. Increasing the intake of fruits and vegetables positively contributes to sexual health by enhancing performance of sexual organs. Cerely, banana, pumpkin, garlic and avocado are some of the food that are good for sexual health. Increasing the intake of fluid and foods with high water content is also helpful in improving sexual health.
Processed food can contribute to unhealthy sexual life therefore it is better to avoid it.
You can take supplements for improving sexual health and boosting libido. There are many supplements available for improving sexual health for instance, sex pills and penis enlargement devices for boosting stamina during sexual intercourse.
Amino acid is considered a natural solution for increasing sex drive. It increases healthy blood flow to the penis. Studies have shown that amino acid plays an important role in maintaining overall health of a person, especially male sexual health.
Take care of your Emotional state
Psychological state of mind has direct impact on the sexual health, especially the sexual desires. Every day stress and worries can adversely affect sexual health. If you find yourself in bad frame of mental state then try to keep control on the negative thoughts.
Think positive about the situations in your life and most importantly about yourself. Psychological counselling and encouraging words by spouse can help the partner to overcome decreased confidence level due to poor body image.