Research shows that female pain tolerance increases significantly during orgasm, thanks to a rush of hormones that act as natural painkillers. Experts note the effect can linger for up to two days, so there's another payoff: You may be able to push a little harder during your next workout.
People with active sex lives tend to work out more and have better dietary habits than those who get it on less often, according to experts. Why? During sex, as well as exercise, your brain releases higher levels of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that fuels motivation. The brain learns to seek more both in the bedroom and the gym, says Chronister.
After an orgasm, levels of prolactin and oxytocin rise, bringing on a drowsy feeling, which over time helps improve sleep quality, says Chronister. That's crucial for your fitness: Sleep spikes levels of muscle-building hormones and aids recovery. (And in one study, basketball players who slept two extra hours every night for six weeks hit more free throws.)
Research has found that women who have more orgasms and more frequent sex may have a higher resistance to coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
A quick look at the medicine section of your local supermarket will tell you how popular multivitamin and mineral supplements have become in the past few years. In an attempt to compensate for the lack of healthy food, and sometimes, blinded by the celebrity diet fads, many people have now started taking multivitamin supplements on a daily basis.
Multivitamin supplements were actually designed for individuals with special needs, such as kids suffering from malnutrition, pregnant women, lactating mothers, elderly individuals and individuals suffering from certain health conditions. However, you could still benefit by taking these supplements.
Multivitamin supplements could replenish your body’s reserves of the vitamins, minerals and micronutrients you are lacking. They therefore also cut down the risk of anemia, scurvy and other deficiency disorders.
Rich in vitamins A, C and E, these supplements slow down ageing and cut down your risk of suffering from conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease and boost your immunity.
Taking multivitamin supplements occasionally could also help you deal with some particular region or condition-oriented problems. Pregnant women can get that extra folic acid to ensure a healthy baby and you could get your dose of vitamin D if you don’t really go outdoors.
While multivitamins themselves do a pretty good job of keeping the body healthy, fit and active; every day consumption of these supplements could actually be harmful for the body and may have negative impacts on your health too.
Probably the worst fact about multivitamin supplements is that they pack in mega doses of all vitamins and micronutrients. An overdose of anything, even vitamins, is seriously bad for health, and when taken daily, multivitamin supplements have a good way of doing more bad than good for your health.
If you have just started taking multivitamin supplements, there’s a good chance it could interfere with the drugs and medications you have already been taking. It is important to consult a professional at this stage.
Many multivitamin supplements found today are not backed by good research, and don’t contain ideal proportions of vitamins. A good percentage of multivitamin supplements found on supermarket shelves today are not FDA-approved, and are not entirely pure.
On an end-note, its best to take multivitamin supplements, but occasionally; taking advice from your doctor could help you better understand about how multivitamin supplements could help you.
Men need to cuddle & kisses to be happy in a long-term relationship while Women prefer to have sex
Researchers have found that acts of affection like hugs and kisses were more important to men than women.
And for women, sex tends to get better over time - after a couple has been together about 15 years.
Researchers surveyed over 1,000 couples from five different countries who had been in relationships for between one and 51 years. Men who reported frequent kissing and cuddling were three times as happy, on average, as those who had less snuggling with their wives or girlfriends. Women, meanwhile, said that such shows of affection had very little impact on their happiness.
Both men and women reported their sex lives improving the longer their relationship had lasted. But men were more likely to say they were happy with their relationship while women were more likely to report being satisfied with the sex. The survey of couples from the US, Germany, Spain, Japan and Brazil was carried out by researchers from the Kinsey Institute at America's Indiana University.
Lead author Julia Heiman said that the first 15 years of a relationship may be emotionally draining for women while they are raising children. As they get older, they have fewer pressures.
"It's possible that women became more sexually satisfied over time because their expectations change or life changes when their children grow up," the Telegraph quoted Heiman.
"The period of less satisfaction seems to overlap with the period of raising children, during which other things really take a focus," added Heiman.
The findings about intimacy were the opposite of what researchers had expected, she revealed.
She said: "We became interested in relationships that endure and how might we begin to understand them.
"Cuddles were more important to men in predicting the degree of happiness. The really useful message is we should not make presumptions about the genders."
"Because there''s no way to be sure we're going to be right in any way."
The study has been published in journal Archives of Sexual Behaviour.
Many women find talk a great turn-on. For them, talking and feeling loved are very important. Good conversation during walks or while the couple is relaxing can be a great aphrodisiac. A man could tell his woman how much he loves her, which acts as a reassurance that he is with her mentally during those intimate moments.
For a couple that has been together for long, sometimes it is natural that women may feel that their partner may find them less alluring. Because of this some women undress only under the cover of darkness. Caring men can sense such anxieties. There is no need to lie and say she's gorgeous if she isn't, nor is there a need to say that she is not attractive anymore. One can always appreciate and praise what you do find attractive.
On the other hand, men tend to compartmentalise, feeling that stressful aspects of life can be parked mentally and separated from sexual activity. Women need good feelings and experiences during the day to have satisfying sex. How her lover treats her out of bed, greatly influences her response in bed. Inattentiveness, harsh language, rude tones, hurtful words, and criticism can make it difficult for a woman to get involved, feel enthusiastic and be passionate during sex.
Many men feel that a good lover is one who can bring his woman to climactic sexual culmination. It is great to have such moments, but aren't always essential. Many women feel pressure from partners and even from themselves to reach an orgasm. Sometimes instead of having orgasms, women prefer to engage in just foreplay.
Playfulness is a great quality. Many men are far too serious about sex. They forget to laugh, be romantically mischievous, have fun. Playfulness and light-heartedness can make intimate moments enjoyable and relaxing. This takes performance pressure off from both partners.
Women love romance, cuddling, hand-holding and kissing. But many women complain that their men never do this except during foreplay. A woman should make her man realise the joy of touching. As you give him a relaxing massage and stroke his face and hair tenderly, he starts experiencing the joy of this kind of non-sexual touching. Tell your man what makes you feel loved and wanted.
A woman's need for tender moments goes beyond the actual lovemaking. Some women complain that men fall asleep immediately after the act. It is true that when a man is having sex, his endorphin level is very high. Almost immediately after ejaculation, he goes through a refractory phase where he loses his erection and all his systems gear down. In females this phase happens gradually. However, if you don't like him falling asleep immediately, tell him without putting him down. Alternatively, let him sleep in your arms for a few minutes and gently wake him up afterwards.
1. When he leans in for a kiss, pull the back of his head closer to you with your hands. Lightly tug on his hair as you kiss to reinforce the message that you can't get enough of his mouth on yours.
2. Just before you go down on him, lick your lips and whisper in his ear that you can't wait to taste him.
3. As you're hanging out in bed doing your normal thing-maybe watching a movie or reading-suddenly roll over, lie on top of him, and writhe your entire body against his through your clothes.
4. Pin his hands above his head, and use only your breasts to give his chest a sexy rubdown. Put a dab of lotion on your nipples to enhance the skin-on-skin sensation.
5. Give him a real-life wet dream: invite him to join you in the shower, and then surprise him by getting on your knees and taking his penis into your mouth. The warm stream of water against his back combined with the warmth of your mouth will feel so good, he'll need to brace himself against the shower bar to stay standing.
6. While you're making out, take two of his fingers and press them against the outside of your underwear so he knows just how wet he's getting you.
7. As he's giving you oral, rock your hips in rhythm to his movements, and lift your lower half toward him to show just how into it you are.
8. Push your guy down on the bed with his arms by his sides and straddle him so that your knees lightly pin his forearms against his body. Tantalise him by showing peeks of skin for a few seconds while simultaneously circling your hips like you're riding him cowboy-style.
9. Sneak up behind your guy while he's on the phone and reach around to grab his penis. Use a firmer, underhand grip to re-create the way he touches himself while giving him warm, breathy kisses from just below the earlobe to that ultra-sensitive spot where the bottom of his neck meets the top of his back.
10. Give him an F-me-now kiss: stroke the back of his neck with one hand, grab his butt with the other, and press your boobs into his chest and your pelvis against his.
If 80 is the new 50, then 50 must be the new 30. No, it's not a math lesson but what a large number of urban women seem to be thinking. The growing queues in front of designer shops and med spas that offer nips, tucks and lasers for chin hair bear testimony to the fact that as we get older we are looking better than ever before. But here's something I don't get: surely the plan is not to meekly go to the grave with a trim body.
1. Sexuality is a state of mind. If the mind is willing, the body will perform!
2. Feeling sexy is a delicate balance of emotional and physical issues. Being fit and healthy is as important as the gracious acceptance of the ageing process.
3. Don't let the youth brigade stress you out. Sexuality is in your head and to have a good sex life you need to feel beautiful within.
4. Sex is not only about penetration. Despite the wrinkles and greying hair, you are still sexy inside. It's about feeling good, wanted and loved.
5. Get physical. Yes, Indian men are not very tactile, but learn to touch and caress; hug and kiss. Just the physical proximity will give you a sense of well-being.
6. Communication is king. Now that you are older, you should be comfortable enough to discuss your sexual preferences as well as your fantasies with your partner.
7. Older means freer-so be flexible-mentally. Experiment, be spontaneous and forget all the rigid rules of the past.
8. Be patient and savour the sex. As you get older it takes longer! So, linger, explore and rejoice.
9. Pay attention to your partner's needs. The more you give the more you will receive.
10. Accept slowing down. If it doesn't quite happen as you expect it to, it's ok. Everyone but everyone has had an encounter with lackadaisical libidos. Always remember that sex is good. Even when it's bad it's good!